Friday, January 15, 2010

Blood Sweat & Tears

I believe in life it is important to be prepared. I have often been called "mcgiver" by my co-workers, due to the variety of things I pull out of my purse and have ready & available.

This came in very handy one day in Charleston. My co-worker and I had brought in one of our upper managers to help close a deal. While walking into the building, some how he managed to severely cut his hand (on the glass door, we later figured out). He concealed it by jamming it into his pocket while the customer ushered us to the conference room. We all started setting up, and heard him say, "um...guys".

I look up to see his hand covered in blood! More importantly, blood was dripping all over his gorgeous armani suit. I went to work. In a matter of seconds I produced kleenex to wrap his hand in to absorb the blood, antiseptic wipe to clean it with, bandaids, and a "Tide To Go" stick for the suit.

He was very impressed, and I will say it is a strange mental image I will always have of blowing on the hand of one of the hire up's in our company. This occured after I had applied the antiseptic wipe which, I could only take his squeal to mean, burned a lot, thus the blowing.

We got it all cleaned up before the customers came back, although the Tide To Go was no match for whatever expensive fabric that suit was made of. We did close the deal, which was great. Sometimes, you have to shed a little blood.

1 comment:

  1. A woman's purse can save the world. I hope that the Armani guy was grateful because I would kill for an Armani suit. Even if it had a few blood stains.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me-Let me know what you think!